Friday 10 July 2009

Kickstart for the summer!

I've been a very bad blogger and must try harder! The Sling Meets have been quite quiet recently due mostly to a massive lack of promotion or advertising. We've had a few new people come along mainly through word of mouth which is wonderful but I feel it needs a bit of a kickstart. I'm on a promotion
push so thought I should get going with the blog too. The summer months tend to be quiet because people are away on holidays plus often they have older children off school, the Green Croft Centre is a wonderful venue but there isn't much for older children to do.
I finally (after 18 months!) put a poster up at my daughters nursery and have taken some info around the local doctors surgeries so some of the Hereford midwives and health visitors are aware of the Sling Meet and can hopefully tell mums about it. I've also written an article about Babywearing and the Sling Meet for the Hereford NCT magazine which with any luck will be great publicity for us. I've run out of ideas now!

If anyone has any (preferably free!) suggestions how to promote the Sling Meet please do let me know. I have posters and postcards so if you know a toddler group/nursery or anywhere else where parents might be interested I can send you them by email to print off and put up.

The next meet is on Monday (13th) so hopefully there will be a few people there and I will do my best to blog afterwards!

No comments: